Vacancy: Community Worker – Migrant Health
Employer: Nasc, the Migrant and Refugee Rights Centre
Contract: 12 months fixed term
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Old Library Building, St. Mary’s Road
Area covered: Cork City and County
Closing date for applications: April 10th 5pm
- To provide information to International Protection Applicants, Refugees, and Migrants to support their access to healthcare and existing support networks.
- To operate outreach clinics in direct provisions centres and other settings as appropriate.
- To develop work in line with the implementation of the White Paper on Ending Direct Provision recommendations and intercultural health strategy in conjunction with colleagues in the community and voluntary sector.
- To provide group information sessions to International Protection Applicants, Refugees and Migrants
- Network with locally based representative/support groups and locally based services e.g. other IPA, Refugee and Migrant Support Groups, Family Resource Centres, Community Development Projects to ensure the needs of International Protection Applicants, Refugees, and Migrants are being supported and to minimise duplication.
- Pro-actively identify the needs of International Protection Applicants, Refugees, and Migrants and collaborate with stakeholders (internally and externally) to develop culturally appropriate community development responses.
- To encourage International Protection Applicants, Refugees, and Migrants to play an active part in the development and operation of community and voluntary services in the community.
- To provide information and training to health professionals and those working in the community and voluntary sector in order to enhance intercultural working on the ground.
- To organise health and wellbeing activities for International Protection Applicants, Refugees, and Migrants.
- Ensure continuous monitoring, evaluation and review of all work programmes.
Experience and qualifications
- A recognised 3rd Level Qualification in Youth & Community Work, Social Work, Social Science, or an equivalent qualification
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience of working with Community Groups or Organisations
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in working with Ethnic Minority Communities and in particular International Protection Applicants and Refugees
French or Arabic language competencies an advantage.
More information on the role and application process is available to download here.
Please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Informal queries can be sent to Mary.firstname.lastname@example.org
The post will be offered subject to receipt of satisfactory Garda vetting and references from current employer or similar.
Any offer of employment will be contingent on the applicant providing documentation verifying that they have permission to work in Ireland.