Community Employment Scheme Vacancy: Admin Assistant to Legal Team/Reception
Vacancy Reference Number: #CES-2135429
Hours: 19.5 hours per week
The Community Employment (CE) programme is designed to help people who are long-term unemployed and other disadvantaged people to get back to work by offering part-time and temporary placements in jobs based within local communities. Participants can take up other part-time work during their placement. After the placement, participants are encouraged to seek permanent part-time and full-time jobs elsewhere based on the experience and new skills they have gained while in a Community Employment scheme.The main requirement is that the applicant is in receipt of a welfare payment and long term unemployed.
This is a developmental opportunity, no experience necessary. Accredited training will be provided to support your career.
Nasc, the Irish word for "link" empowers migrants to realise and fulfil their rights. Nasc works with migrants and refugees to advocate and lead for change within Ireland’s immigration and protection systems, to ensure fairness, access to justice and the protection of human rights.
Nasc operates a legal clinic offering a free walk-in service and an appointment-based service providing legal advice and information on a range of immigration and asylum issues at our office.
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Assisting in the day to day work of the legal team;
• Maintaining detailed records of clinic work and records of all client contact;
• Completing administrative tasks relevant to the operation of the Legal Service e.g. filing, photocopying, dealing with correspondence;
• Any other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time in connection with this position.
• Good communication skills, written and oral;
• Basic IT skills to include Microsoft Word, Outlook;
• Ability to follow instructions and act on own initiative
• A commitment to customer service and willingness to help individuals in the migrant community.
Please contact your local DEASP Employment Services/Intreo Office to check your eligibility and to apply for this vacancy.