Vacancy: Senior Psychologist
Nasc, in partnership with HSE Social Inclusion, Cork Kerry Community Healthcare are recruiting for a Senior Psychologist to develop and deliver psychological supports to asylum seekers residing in Direct Provision Centres across Cork and Kerry.
Nasc (the Irish word for ‘link’) is an NGO and registered charity based in Cork City. Nasc works with migrants and refugees to advocate and lead for change within Ireland’s immigration and protection systems. Nasc work in close partnership with the HSE Social Inclusion team who provide a range of supports to asylum seekers, refugees and other marginalised groups in our communities.
Term: This is a 1 year Specified Purpose Contract.
Brief Description of the Role:
This is a new and exciting development in the provision of psychological care to people seeking asylum in Ireland. In conjunction with the Principal Psychologist, the Senior Psychologist will develop and deliver a range of psychological supports to asylum seekers in Direct Provision in Cork and Kerry. This will include the provision of training, consultation and psychoeducational supports to services involved in meeting the health, educational and integration needs of this community. The successful candidate will develop and provide psychological screening, assessment and intervention services, with emphasis on trauma and PTSD as a result of the asylum seeking journey and psychological needs associated with the complex psychosocial stressors experienced while seeking asylum. Although this role will focus predominantly on meeting the psychological needs of asylum seekers, the candidate will work in close partnership with existing psychological services provided to Refugees and the dynamic and supportive teams in place in both Nasc and HSE Social Inclusion Services.
Secondment arrangements will be considered where appropriate.
- Application is by application form and cover letter. Applications by email only to Fiona Finn at email@example.com
- The Application Form can be downloaded here.
- A detailed post specification can be downloaded here.
- The phrase “Senior Psychologist” must be inserted into the email subject matter line.
- The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 21 May 2021 at 5.00PM. Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and, if relevant, who meet the shortlisting criteria will be called for interview.
This post is funded by HSE Cork Kerry Community Healthcare.